Westbury Viola 15.5" Outfit
The Westbury Viola outfit is an excellent outfit for students advancing in the grades offering real value for money with an excellent tone. This intrument is crafted from maple and spruce, then finished with spirit varnish for optimum protection. The viola is fitted with an ebony chin rest, fingerboard, pegs and top nut, as well as a despiau bridge, standard steel strings and a metal alloy tailpiece with adjusters. The AF033 viola comes equipped with a dart shaped case and brazilwood octagonal bow. All our violins are setup in perfect playing order, guaranteed ready to play.
Features & Benefits
- Suitable for intermediate level players
- Made from maple & spruce wood
- Finished with spirit varnish for optimum protection
- Fitted with ebony fingerboard & swiss model pegs
- Includes dart shaped case & brazilwood octagonal bow
This Westbury Viola Outfit includes a full host of accessories, allowing the player to get going as soon as the instrument arrives. An octagonal brazilwood bow gives an ideal weight distribution right across the bow and in turn produces better control overall. Also included is a French style Despiau bridge which is fitted by hand. The AF033 Dart Shaped Case is ideal for travelling players. Whether you're going to school, rehearsal, gigs or concerts, this case will protect your instrument from scratches and knocks, keeping it looking, feeling, and sounding like new for longer.
The body of the instrument has been made from Maple and Spruce wood, which gives a full and resonant sound. These high-quality tonewoods have then been handcrafted and manufactured to give every one special character and optimum tone. The instrument is then varnished to a high quality, for optimum protection. Ebony fittings are a popular choice of tonewood, known best for delivering clear, crisp attacks. This wood is generally much brighter than maple and provides a similar density. Ebony also features oilier pores than maple and extra brittle grains, resulting in a tight grain that doesn't require any finish. This quality gives the frog a natural smooth, quick playing ability favored by many professionals. Although there are many types of wood used to create bow frogs, ebony is the darkest of them all. The wood works effectively throughout the instrument's range and is reliable for years.
Setup Process before delivery
Our setup process ensures that every violin bought from us is setup to a high standard and guaranteed ready to play.
- Strings are fitted to the viola
- Rosin/resin is included and applied to the bow to make it grip the strings to produce a sound.
- Bridge is included and stood up in position, tailpiece is included with adjusters for fine tuning the strings.
- Pegs are included and checked and fitted for tuning the strings before fine tuning.
- Chin rest is included, not to be confused with the shoulder rest which is available seperately.
All our violas come with 2 year warranty.
- Body: Maple & Spruce
- Finish: Spirit Varnish
- Purfling: Inlaid
- Bridge: Fitted Despiau
- Chinrest: Ebony
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Pegs: Ebony Swiss
- Strings: Steel
- Tailpiece: Metal Alloy with Adjusters
- Topnut: Ebony
- Size: 15.5" (394mm)
Money Back Rental
|Minimum Rental Term||6 months|
|Deposit to Pay||£|
|Monthly payments of||£|
|Amount of Credit||£|
|Duration of Agreement||Months|
|Rate of Interest (fixed)||%|
- This Item: Westbury Viola 15.5" Outfit £375.0024 Months 0% Credit
£14.06 monthly0% Credit £14.06 monthlyMoney Back Rental
£17.00 monthlyRent from £17.00 monthly
- Melos - Violin Rosin - Light £13.99
- Dominant Viola D. Aluminium. 4/4 £16.99
- TGI Music Stand in Bag. Chrome £24.99
- Hercules DS571BB Violin Stand £37.99