Always Wanted A Career In The Music Industry?
At Millers Music we believe in hiring bright, passionate, and enthusiastic people to work in our Central Cambridge store. Our independent business is an exciting environment where our dedicated Team are expected to work together, supporting each other, to provide the highest level of customer service and care.
Opportunities to develop and progress are available to those who wish to further their careers.
We believe our people are the key to our success, they're the ones who man the phones, serve our customers, pack the books, and they're the ones that ultimately make our customers happy.
- Manufacturer visits both in the UK and abroad
- Discounts on instruments and accessories
- Opportunity to see products before being released to the public
- 28 days holiday
- Free company car park in Central Cambridge (subject to availability)
- Exclusive offers and opportunities with music venues, tuition and equipment
- An understanding of musical commitments
- Favourable pension scheme
- Use of company practice rooms (coming soon) and equipment
- Enhanced pay for family leave such as maternity
Because of the changing nature of our business and candidates employme,nt status we do not hold CV's on file. If you are interested in a role at Millers Music then check back on this page from time to time and follow us on social media where we announce positions: -
- Twitter www.twitter.com/MillersMusic
- Facebook www.facebook.com/MillersMusicCambridge
- Google+ https://plus.google.com/MillersMusic
We're currently hiring for the following roles:
£20-25,000 per annum depending on experience.
You will manage the Sales Ledger and Credit Control for the business:
- applications for customer finance
- ensuring timely collection of debt through effective credit control
- journal postings and reconciliations
- raising invoices and issuing statements
- supporting purchase ledger with processing invoices, supplier payments and statement reconciliations.
You will need to be flexible and will have the opportunity to get involved with finance projects. We are looking for someone who works independently and is keen to learn and contribute to the Group.
You will need a minimum 2 years experience in a similar role, a record of successful debt recovery, an excellent telephone manner, with good numeracy and Microsoft office skills, previous use of accounting systems would be an advantage.
If you are interested email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or email us for a full job description.
Closing date is Monday 16th July.
Part-time Payroll Assistant
This exciting new role is based with our retail support centre, delivering the payroll and benefits to reward our team.
We are able to offer:
- Training and career path in the Group
- Accessible office in Barnwell Road, parking available
- Pension scheme and Healthcare support
- A great working culture and recognition
- Staff discounts
- Reward scheme for musical events and merchandise
- Opportunities with music venues, tuition and equipment
- 28 days holiday
The hours of work are approximately 15 to 20 hours a month with salary in the area of £20-25,000, to be pro rata. The hours are to be agreed with the new post holder and will increase longer term, in line with business needs.
This is a key role where you will be the first point of contact for payroll, preparing monthly payroll files accurately, be good at building relationships with the team and solving issues.
You will need to calculate commission, sickness and other payments and liaise with HMRC and other organisations. The role is varied and will involve financial and some HR administration such as setting up new staff, running reports and specific benefit schemes.
You will be calm under pressure, keen to learn new processes and provide a strong administrative service with a hardworking, professional approach.
You will have good IT skills including experience in Excel, Sage, and BACS.
You will also need a high level of accuracy and be organised, working to deadlines. A respect for confidentiality is critical.
If you are interested email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com, or give us a call on 01223 224815.