Always Wanted A Career In The Music Industry?
At Millers Music we believe in hiring bright, passionate, and enthusiastic people to work in our Central Cambridge store. Our independent business is an exciting environment where our dedicated Team are expected to work together, supporting each other, to provide the highest level of customer service and care.
Opportunities to develop and progress are available to those who wish to further their careers.
We believe our people are the key to our success, they're the ones who man the phones, serve our customers, pack the books, and they're the ones that ultimately make our customers happy.
- Manufacturer visits both in the UK and abroad
- Discounts on instruments and accessories
- Opportunity to see products before being released to the public
- 28 days holiday
- Free company car park in Central Cambridge (subject to availability)
- Exclusive offers and opportunities with music venues, tuition and equipment
- An understanding of musical commitments
- Favourable pension scheme
- Use of company practice rooms (coming soon) and equipment
Because of the changing nature of our business and candidates employment status we do not hold CV's on file. If you are interested in a role at Millers Music then check back on this page from time to time and follow us on social media where we announce positions: -
- Twitter www.twitter.com/MillersMusic
- Facebook www.facebook.com/MillersMusicCambridge
- Google+ https://plus.google.com/MillersMusic
We're currently hiring for the following roles:
Customer Service - Office
Working in our busy Cambridge head office at the weekend you will be given the opportunity to join a team dedicated to providing industry-leading customer service. Millers Music has seen significant growth in the last few years including a new sister store in Norwich and a new web channel.
- First-line support for customer calls
- Processing and following up finance applications
- Processing web orders
- General administration and office support
Candidates must have:
- Excellent communication skills and ideally previous experience in a retail or customer service role
- Strong Maths and English skills (GCSE Grade C+ or equivalent) are essential
- Computer literacy and good typing skills
Full training will be given.
Hours of work: Saturday 9.30-5.30 and/or Sunday 11-4.30
Job Type: Weekend
Job Type: Part-time
Applications in writing with a CV and covering letter or email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the role you are applying for and why you think you would be the right person.
Web Content Assistant (Head Office)
The Millers Group has seen significant growth in the last few years including a new sister store in Norwich and two new web channels. Working in our busy Cambridge Head Office you will be given the opportunity to join our expanding Web Team.
We look to make music accessible, be inspirational and supportive to the musical community of which we are part. All of our team from marketing, finance, web and sales work together to achieve these values and ensure we offer the highest standards of customer service. We are looking for a Web Assistant to be a part of achieving these values and introducing new ideas to inspire and support our customers.
This role has the potential for development and progression within the company.
Duties to include:
Maintain and improve user experience of the website
Writing and maintaining web descriptions in line with our brand values
Simple artworking: Creating homepage and category banners
Help solve technical issues that arise within the business with our IT systems
Supporting customer service; phone calls and Finance application processing
Present new ideas to the team and contribute to the growth of our web business
Candidates must have:
Excellent communication skills
High attention to detail
Strong Maths and English skills (GCSE Grade C+ or equivalent) are essential
Experience of CMS Systems and Photoshop/Design Software
Be able to organise themselves and prioritise workloads in a busy environment
Hours of work: 9:15 to 5:30, 5 days per week including some weekends determined by the needs of the business (shorter hours on Sundays). Parking available on site.
Applications in writing with a CV and covering letter or email to email@example.com Full job specifications are available on request.