Always Wanted A Career In The Music Industry?
At Millers Music we believe in hiring bright, passionate, and enthusiastic people to work in our Central Cambridge store. Our independent business is an exciting environment where our dedicated Team are expected to work together, supporting each other, to provide the highest level of customer service and care.
Opportunities to develop and progress are available to those who wish to further their careers.
We believe our people are the key to our success, they're the ones who man the phones, serve our customers, pack the books, and they're the ones that ultimately make our customers happy.
- Manufacturer visits both in the UK and abroad
- Discounts on instruments and accessories
- Opportunity to see products before being released to the public
- 28 days holiday
- Free company car park in Central Cambridge (subject to availability)
- Exclusive offers and opportunities with music venues, tuition and equipment
- An understanding of musical commitments
- Favourable pension scheme
- Use of company practice rooms (coming soon) and equipment
Because of the changing nature of our business and candidates employment status we do not hold CV's on file. If you are interested in a role at Millers Music then check back on this page from time to time and follow us on social media where we announce positions: -
- Twitter www.twitter.com/MillersMusic
- Facebook www.facebook.com/MillersMusicCambridge
- Google+ https://plus.google.com/MillersMusic
We're currently hiring for the following roles:
Millers Music - Cambridge
We require an organised and enthusiastic individual to work as a Sales Assistant in our busy Orchestral department. Working in our Central Cambridge store you will join a team dedicated to providing industry-leading customer service. Millers Music has seen significant growth in the last few years including a new sister store in Norwich and a new web channel.
This role has the potential for development and progression within the company for the right candidate.
Candidates will receive full training from our team and suppliers on our wide range of orchestral instruments and services. Candidates will have excellent communication skills and qualifications to include English and Maths.
- Must be able to play at least one of the following instruments to a reasonable standard:
- Able to do a basic setup and restring
- Motivated to help run and progress a busy string/woodwind department
- Grade 5 or above in your main instrument
- Experience playing in orchestras/ensembles/bands
- Previous sales experience
Hours of work: Any five days from seven. Hours 9.30-5.30 except Sunday which are 10.45-4.30
Job Type: Full-time
To Apply please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org