Designed for the gigging musician, the KORG PS60 performance synth delivers premium sounds and professional effects in an easy-to-use performance package.
In designing the KORG PS60, the needs of the on-stage musician remained front and center. Offering dedicated controls, an ample backlit display, and remarkable ease of use, the PS60 is a refreshing change. The intuitive, realtime controls – even the sounds themselves – were created with the performer in mind, and have been optimized for the unique challenges and immediacy of playing live. Lightweight, stylish and portable, the PS60 travels comfortably from home, to rehearsal, to center stage.
The PS60 delivers 440 sounds, with room for plenty more! The sounds are organized into six categories, – piano, electric piano, organ, strings, brass and synth – each with dedicated controls making it easy to find just the right sound.
Using 49 MB of 48 kHz samples, the PS60 allows up to eight stereo multisamples to be used per voice. The EDS-i sound engine (Enhanced Definition Synthesis – integrated) provides up to four filters, two amps, five LFOs, and five EGs, delivering a rich array of stage-ready programs that will both complement and stand out in your band's performance.
Any of 63 effects – including dynamics-type effects and amp modeling powered by KORG's proprietary REMS technology – can be assigned to individual sounds using one of the five insert effects. In addition, two master effects can be applied to the overall sound: a modulation-style effect offering four effect types; and a reverb/delay effect also with four effect types. A dedicated three-band EQ adds the final touch to your sound.
Two footpedal jacks are provided for use with a damper pedal, footswitch or footpedal, offering hands-free control. When playing organ sounds, an additional dedicated button can switch between fast/slow speeds of the rotary speaker simulator.
The stand-alone PS60 Editor allows you to edit sounds in greater detail than is possible from the PS60 itself. Viewing multiple parameters and graphical cues on your computer's screen makes it easy to create full fledged sounds in any category.
The PS60 Plug-In Editor offers all the same features, and lets you use your PS60 as a plug-in synth from within any VST, Audio Units, or RTAS format DAW software system. As a librarian program, the software lets you build up an enormous stash of sounds that you've created on your computer.
KORG PS60 main features include:
- Six categories provide fast access to the most in-demand keyboard sounds
EDS-i (Enhanced Definition Synthesis – integrated) technology inherited from KORG's flagship music workstations
- Dedicated knobs and buttons are provided for frequently-used functions, allowing extended performance control and intuitive, realtime sound editing.
- Easy Setup feature lets you easily specify the volume, effect amount, and octave settings of each Sound.
- Nine dedicated knobs provide accurate and immediate control of the modulation, reverb/delay, and EQ effects.
- Easily create split and layered settings on the fly! Up to 20 of these split and layered "Performance" settings can be stored for instant recall
- Semi-weighted 61-key natural touch keyboard
- USB computer port and free Sound Editing software provide detailed control and instant access to all sound parameters
- Plug-in Editor allows the PS60 to act as a plug-in synthesizer in your host DAW (AU, VST or RTAS formats)